BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, July 30, 2007

Treasures and bunnies (dust, that is)

As you have read here before, Mondays are usually a cleaning day for me. I try to keep to that schedule cuz then I know that at least once a week cleaning gets done :P
I had noticed since spring that me blinds are terribly dusty....as were the window sills. Problem is that I'd finally get through the typical cleaning and a plop on the couch later on and the sun has by then moved to the other side of my home and I forget all about the blinds. I decided today to tackle them. I vacuumed almost all of them but the one in the kitchen window is....well, gross!! Dust laden grease!! Very hard to clean without taking them down, drop them into a tub of hot, sudsy water and scrubbing. Just spraying a cleaner onto them while hanging.....trust me it makes for a drippy mess and then leaves streaks of clean where the cleaner ran down. So, I think I'm going to take the darn things down and replace them with kitchen curtains that I can wash!! That decision made, I felt like I had accomplished a lot. My next thing was to remove couch pillows and vacuum under them. Oh joys....I could have made that my lunch, only I started a diet today....no, not really, but I just told myself that so I wouldn't feel like all that food has gone to waste..LOL! Oh yes, I also found pens, a penny and gum package foil....hmmmm.
Well, that's my treasure hunt for the month :)

4 comments:

Rach said...

I found some dust bunnies this morning while sweeping behind the freezer because we had it pulled out while looking for the silly salamander that escaped. UGH!

I need to do a little cushion lifting too .. maybe earn me a few cents. lol

The blind replacement in your kitchen is a really good idea. They just get so icky, and curtains are far easier to wash, like you said.

George said...

Don't believe a word Faye says about cleaning...
It's me who does it all...

LOL

Yeah right, you believe me I am sure.

Kaz said...

Hey, mom, I know better than to believe a word George says. He might be lying. Did you find any of Dave's underwear/socks under the couch? He left those things everywhere. I am still finding them thrown in random boxes, mixed with the linen, dishes, in backpacks....

Faye said...

No, I didn't find socks or underwear belonging to David but that wouldn't have surprised me a bit..lol He did have a way of scattering his "belongings" everywhere, didn't he?