BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Birthday Wishes, Cute Baby, Melting snow

Well, actually, yesterday was Dad's 78th Birthday. I asked my Niece and her 3 month-old son if she'd like to go out to visit Dad & Mom. She picked me up in her burnt orange Mazda 3....totally cool! On the way out of town we made a stop at Safeway for Birthday cupcakes and then a drive-thru Tim Horton's for coffees. It's a half hour trip up the Alaska highway to my parents, so sipping a coffee was lovely.
The highway was wet with melting snow and we had constant spray from passing vehicles or from ones we were following that coated the car with dirty, gritty, salty water...gross!! BUT, the mild weather is totally awesome and we're loving it!!
Baby decided to be grouchy and clingy, so Great Gramma and Great Aunty didn't get to hold him for long. He has already mastered the pouty lower lip and crocodile tears....that didn't take long! Now Great Grandpa on the other hand, managed to get a smile. Well, it was after all Dad's Birthday :P
Our empty Tim's cups still sat in the car and thankfully Niece remembered to check her Roll-up-the-Rim for a win...I did the same....and I freaking won a GPS!!!! Wahoo!!! *dancing around room* THAT made my day :)

1 comments:

Ms.L said...

Wooohooo! Congrats on your win! That's a good one!

Oooh don't you love the weather?
My snow is almost gone,yeehaa!