BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 25, 2008

20 Little things to Treasure in Autumn


Come sit with me while I tell you the reasons I love fall. Tam over at Gypsy's Corner has encouraged all of us to list '20 Little Things To Treasure in Autumn'.For me that list includes:
1)Crisp, cooler weather.
2)the pungent smell of wood smoke in the air.
3) Going for a drive in the country to see the gorgeous colored leaves.
4)Sipping a pumpkin Latte
5)The warmth of the fireplace to chase away the chill of evening.
6)Snuggling under a soft, cozy fleece blanket.
7)Hearing the happy voices of kids playing in the school playground.
8)Decorating my home with the rich fall colors.
9)Apple pie and Apple Cinnamon Crumble.
10)Reading a good book on a rainy, chill day.
11)A hearty stew filled with fresh root veggies.
12)Corn Roast with friends.
13) The smell of mown hay.
14)Pumpkin pie shared with family and friends.
15)Watching the v-shaped line of Canada Geese flying south and hearing their cheerful honks greeting us as they fly over-head.
16)Raking a pile of leaves together and watching the kids playing in them and trowing leaves up in the air in sheer delight.
17)Anew line-up of fall programs on TV.(Survivor begins tonight...yay!!)
18)The romantic glow of candle light in the dark evenings.
19)Hockey!!!
20)Candy corn, candy apple, caramel popcorn.

2 comments:

Cheryl Wray said...

I LOVE this list!!
A hearty stew...yum!!! A warm fireplace...yes! Pumpkin pie...double yum (but make mine sweet potato). And not so much on hockey...but yes to football!!

This is such a great idea. I'm going to steal it and do it for my Random Tuesday next week!

Ms.L said...

Ooooooooh candy apples.
I am making some for the
kids,I think this weekend.
tis the season...
I love your list of things to treasure in Autumn.