BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, September 29, 2008

After Two Years.....


......we still miss you Son!
" My Son"
She drove away that morning too many thoughts in her head.
She should have waited just a little longer and said,
"I love you" one last time.
A knock at the door confirmed her worst fears,
The words a mother should never have to hear, a shock
Too great for tears.
Inside her head she cries out these words

I love you my son, my little boy.
I miss you my son, you gave me so much joy.
I love you my son, my precious gift.
I miss you my son, you were the reason I lived.

Surrounded by family and friends, she still feels all alone.
Each time the door opens, she expects him to be home.
Hours drag by, the night brings tortured dreams, seeing
His face, calling his name.
She lights the candle on the table when that morning came.
Greets sad faces and listens to the words that are gave.
She kisses him for the last time, says goodbye, and lays him
In his grave.
She holds his cold hand and whispers these words.

I love you my son, my little boy.
I miss you my son, you gave me so much joy.
I love you my son, my precious gift.
I miss you my son, you were the reason I lived.

The pictures stare back at her from the walls.
The last spoken words echo in the halls.
His 25 years was such a short time here.
She holds on tight to each memory so dear.
She closes her eyes and prays these words.

I love you my son, my little boy.
I miss you my son, you gave me so much joy.
I love you my son, my precious gift.

Her nights still filled with dreams and tears.
Her eyes searching for something far away.
I love you my son, my little boy.
I've missed you my son, you give me so much joy.
I love you my son, my precious gift.
I've missed you my son, you are the reason I LIVE. by Rhonda Erickson


2 comments:

Cheryl Wray said...

This is beautiful, Faye, and I am so sad with you on this day. I pray that you will make it through this day with wonderful memories of your sweet son. {hugs}

George said...

You certainly got a mother's heart sweetie.