BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Moving Right Along....


into the Christmas Spirit. Oh, I know....WHAT??!! Is she crazy??!! Yup :)
I love Christmas....it's my favorite time of year and this is when I start putting together gifts(actually I managed to start even earlier than last year), since last year I started a new tradition...homemade gifts. I have to think about and start out early enough not to feel stressed about how many days left. I do go out and do a bit of shopping for gifts as well, but keep it very low key and the gifts practical. The request of my sons for our grandkids is to please, please NOT give toys....they have more than enough and by us buying clothes or bedding sets or PJs or snow wear or such things it helps their budget.I have decided that I'm not going to brave the busy malls or stores this year but order on line and have the gifts sent already gift wrapped.
I don't do near the baking and cooking I've done in past years anymore either. I DO like to have lots of quick snacks, treats and meals on hand though, so I usually bake and make dishes ahead - seafood lasagna, Pork/apple Tourtiere,sausage rolls, cabbage rolls - for the days we're not eating turkey.
BUT....for now, it's just listening to Christmas tunes and working away at the gifts :) I made the above LO on Canvas for my Sister.

3 comments:

hippo chick said...

Hi Faye,

Love your Christmas tunes. I am working on a stamping project for Christmas too. Plus, I need to think about my cards. I like to make them, but this year I don't have an idea. Better get moving, don't you think?

Things change when the kids are out of the nest, don't they? We don't bake like in the past either. With both of our girls in the far reaches of the country, we just don't need that much food.

Still, I love this time of year and like to make a few "special treats" for Jim.

~hippo hugs~

George said...

So what you buy me for Christmas??

Faye said...

Nice try George....nada, zilch, nothing...just yet :P