BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, December 10, 2008


Yesterday I decided I needed a home-baked dessert. I totally forgot that my fav 9"x13" glass cake pan had broken until I had everything pulled out, so I decided to use my lasagna pan instead and just doubled the recipe. This cake is called Dump cake because you literally just dump all the ingredients into the pan and bake. I chose the chocolate variation(which tastes similar to Black Forest cake), but the yellow or white cake one is equally delish :)

Dump Cake
1 large can cherry pie filling, dumped into a 9"x13" pan
1 19oz. can of pineapple chunks with juice poured on top of pie filling.
1 box yellow, white or chocolate cake mix sprinkled on top of pineapple
1 cup melted butter poured over all layers
top with 1 cup coconut and 1 cup walnuts.

Bake in 350F oven for 30-40 minutes until golden brown.
This dessert is delicious warm with icecream or cold with whipped cream.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Ms.L said...

ooooooh my,I am making that to
celebrate Solstice. It looks too darn good! And easy,wow..what a great recipe.

Cheryl Wray said...

I just LOVE dump cake!!!! Yummy!!!