BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, January 12, 2009

Angels Watchin'Over Me

Warning: The following pictures may contain content not suitable for those who are a bit squeamish about accidents. *ha*


Do you remember me talking about the wonderful steel bumper Hubby had installed on his truck. I promised pics, but I did not anticipate them to turn out like this!




The truck is totaled. I was driving and 16km north of Quesnel, going up hill., the pavement was covered with loose snow, with sheer ice underneath. There was nothing I could do to correct it when the truck started fish-tailing. G was snoozing and by the time he figured out what was happening we were going over the edge into a 150ft. Steep ravine. The truck got hung up on small trees, with the driver's side down against the snowy ground and the passenger side up in the air and against the trees. All the snow, broken glass, etc. Fell down on me, hence all my bruises and soft tissue injuries. We were there for about a 1/2 hour before a couple of government workers stopped to check out the tire tracks. By then George had found my cell phone and gotten thru to 911, after losing the call a few times because of bad reception. One of the guys came down and stayed with us until the ambulance and Search & Rescue and cops arrived. He brought me a blanket because I didn't have my jacket on and was freezing cold, my clothes were soaking wet with melted snow.




The cops and a Medic came down and once they had established George was fine, he climbed out of the truck with their help and made it up the steep incline. Then when we determined I was ok, they coached me to get out of the jammed position, get my feet up on the driver's window and slowly push myself up to the passenger window. With two cops, one on either side, they grabbed my arms and pulled me onto the window's edge. That's when I saw that we were literally hanging in the air in the trees. They slid me down the hood and then we tried to climb up the incline, but my running shoes kept giving out on the snow and with no coat or gloves I was quickly going into uncontrollable shaking. The blanket they wrapped around kept sliding of. That's when Rescue decided to send down a sled thingy and pulled me up and got me onto the stretcher and into a very warm ambulance. G told them I was Diabetic/Fibromyalgia, so the Medic checked out everything (blood sugars/pressure) I got a thorough going over and x-rays at the hospital. By the time we got to the hotel it was 6:00pm and the accident was at noon'ish...I hadn't eaten since breakfast and couldn't in case I needed surgery.

I don't remember anything of the truck flipping. I just know that God is good and we are SO grateful we still have each other.

I won't post pics of the bruising because they are too personal and I'd have to rate this as "Mature" :P
We treasure your prayers while we take a step at a time to get back on track.

3 comments:

Ms.L said...

Omgosh!
I'm so thankful you're both alive!
I can't even imagine the fear you felt...glad you're still with us:)

Deb M in BC :) said...

For some reason, Faye, I can't see the pics on your blog, but I did see the truck from when you emailed! What a scary experience for you guys!!! Good thing you don't remember going off the road! Hopefully your bruises heal quickly! Did you get them from the airbag? We are thinking of you! :)

hippo chick said...

Oh Faye, I am so sorry about the accident and so grateful that you are both okay.

I'll keep praying for a speedy recovery both physically and mentally from this terrible ordeal.

~hippo hugs~