BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sweet in the Middle of Sour

I was reading thru the various devotions/newsletters I subscribe to and came across this article at Crosswalk.com I find it interesting to read of married couples faced with tough financial times and a depressed Economy, turning towards each other and moving forward as a Unit, rather than escaping the heat and splitting.

"People are rethinking divorces," said Rock. "They realize they can't even afford attorneys," much less the cost of supporting two households.

Some say the sour economy is accomplishing a moral turnaround that ministers couldn't: convincing couples to not walk away when things get tough, but rather to forgive each other and remain committed to their vows, "for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer."

Margaret Bernstein

"I've never seen a case in my 18 years of doing this where there hasn't been a reason to have hope," she said. "Through any kind of crisis, whether it's health or financial, families can grow closer and stronger."

Karin Maloney Stifler, a certified financial planner.

I find it very encouraging to read that in this time of tough Economic sour times, there is hope.

3 comments:

Ms.L said...

I think that's a wonderful turn of events. It's my personal feeling that people give up way too easily on their marriages nowadays. Barring anything major most problems can be worked through.

Cheryl Wray said...

Sometimes when things are tough,we realize what's really important. :-)

Lori said...

Hey Faye. . .I enjoy your blog so much and you seem like a fun loving gal. So that's why I photo tagged you. Drop by my blog whenever you can.

Lori