BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Speaking of Dishwashers....

I have been complaining about the status of "clean" after my dishes have processed thru the dishwasher. Some have told me it's these new dang dishwashers that use less water, leaving the dishes with unrinsed residue on them. I have tried everything I can think of...different rinse agents, different dishwasher detergents, the arrangement of the dishes in the machine and going online to read up in the trouble-shooting section...well, yesterday I was totally fuming!! I mean, what is the point of a dishwasher if you constantly feel crusties on dishes, or you can see leftover gunk stuck onto the now hot, baked dishes?? So, I got Hubby to pull out the manual and see if maybe we have a filter or something plugged up. What a useless manual, which led to no obvious answers. So, once again we're running an empty dishwasher, first with detergent and then a rinse cycle to thoroughly clean the inside of the dishwasher and then we'll try all over again to see if we can get the thing to clean properly. So much for saving time and energy!! What is the point of a dishwasher if I have to scrape residue off of "clean" dishes OR have to pre-rinse dishes when loading them into the thing...urg!!
If anyone else is finding this a challenge and have maybe solved the problem, let me know :)

1 comments:

Ms.L said...

That has always bugged me too.
Although,washing dishes by hand,as
I'm doing now,also bugs me.
I know that sometimes you have to clean the little sprayer arms out with a toothpick or something...and that the drain at the bottom could always use a good rinse in one of those de-scaling solutions..truth be told though,I've found they never,ever work the way I think they should:(