BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Sis!


I will never forget the day you were born. I may forget what the weather was like or what I was wearing, but the one thing I will always remember are the words, "You have a baby sister".....I was 10 years-old and all I had were four brothers and I prayed so hard for a sister....I wanted someone to play dolls with, to have tea parties with....just like I had with my cousins and little girlfriends. Of course, the age gap prevented most of that joy, but I adored you, sweet sis! I still do :) I loved dressing you in pretty outfits and it became my job to make sure your hair was all pretty for the day. You sat so still for me while I put cute bobbles and barrettes in your hair. I read you stories and sang to you. All of those precious times we shared made up for the moments you got into all my jewelry and perfume...the way you challenged me all the time when you were in my care and Mom was in the hospital, having another baby and you didn't understand why Mom was gone and you had to listen to me...the years we shared a room and I was the disgruntled teen that hated it that you woke me up early or got into all my things or climbed into bed with me because you were SO scared...yes, you were "my" baby and I love you forever.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Cheryl Wray said...

Awww, that's so sweet. I didn't have a sister, but always thought it would have been so special to.

Faye said...

Yes, I have been very blessed with 3 sisters and 5 brothers...never a lonely moment :)