BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Little of This and A Little of That

It's a very lovely, sunny day although it dropped to -23c again last night. We got a huge dump of snow on Saturday and Sunday and town is just finishing off plowing it all and loading it into a dump truck to haul off to a yard to melt.
Yesterday I had the ladies in my Bible Study group come over here. I baked a very yummy banana loaf and added all sorts of seeds, mixed chopped nuts and some dried cranberries. I also mixed the white flour with wholewheat, making it a healthy snack.
There are SO many people down with the stomach flu as well as a very wicked chest cold/cough, so not everyone came out yesterday to the Study. There were 7 others besides myself, but that was good cuz my diningroom table isn't very big. When we moved here several years ago we bought a smaller table with 4 chairs and then bought 4 folding chairs to pull out when needed.
I have been slowly transitioning my home over to the spring season decor, so I added a light green table cloth to the table and put out a few spring-fragrance candles. I also switched my silk flower arrangements from the winter foliage/colors to more springtime florals. I know.....silk flowers are not designer approved anymore, but I still have some out, along with live plants :P
My second oldest son popped by later in the aft and said that he bought tickets to fly to Europe and go on a 3 month back-packing tour. The oil industry shuts down over spring break-up until the frost melts. Every spring road bans go up, meaning no vehicles heavier than a certain weight are allowed on during the warm daytime, at first and then it progresses to a total ban of any vehicle on the roads, leading into remote areas. The mud here is like clay....slick as snot and packs onto the tires and vehicles, building up so much that my hubby has had to stop to kick it off from around the tires because they barely turned anymore. Transporting huge equipment is suicide down some of the mountainous terrain, with switch-back turns.
Anyhow, my son is single and free and to be truthful, Eastern Europe(Hungary, Romania, Ukraine), where the exchange rate is still awesome, means it's far cheaper for him to take the tour now.
I will end with this joke a friend sent me:

A blonde calls her boyfriend and says, 'Please come over here and help me. I have a killer jigsaw puzzle, and I can't figure out how to get started.'

Her boyfriend asks, 'What is it supposed to be when
it's finished?'?

The blonde says, 'According to the picture on the box, it's a rooster.'

Her boyfriend decides to go over and help with the puzzle.

She lets him in and shows him where she has the puzzle spread all over the table.

He studies the pieces for a moment, then looks at the box, then turns to her and says, 'First of all, no matter what we do, we're not going to be able to assemble these pieces into anything resembling a rooster.'

He takes her hand and says, 'Second, I want you to relax. Let's have a nice cup of tea, and then ...' he said with a deep sigh,......

'Let's put all the Corn Flakes back in the box.'



1 comments:

hippo chick said...

Good for your son. Oh to be able to backpack --- anywhere.

~hippo hugs~