BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 30, 2009

Signs of Spring

Wearing the mud boots, jumping for joy and Celebrating Spring

As the last couple days of March move toward April we finally have milder weather and now we have the transition from pure white snow to green leaves bursting forth and the lawn turning from brown to fresh, light green.
This transition here in Northern BC is a gritty, dirty, mud-caked, flooded roads and yards....and it ain't pretty....far from it!! But the promise of budding leaves and spring flowers makes me endure this transition. We already have birds swooping and chirping and singing their excited songs....they too welcome spring.
So, I join their song with them and instead of complaining about this dirty town, I drive thru those puddles and streams running down the curbs and squeal as the water swoops from the wheel wells and spray up along the still unmelted snow banks.When I was a child I'd splash thru the puddles, wearing rubber boots and inevitably got many soakers. I was not allowed to get soakers (and consequently got into big trouble), but that didn't stop me...I have always celebrated spring....and if I was a little girl again, I'd still splash and squeal and celebrate :)

2 comments:

hippo chick said...

Before you know it, the mud will be gone, the grass will be green and someone will be complaining because "he" has to mow.

~hippo hugs~

Cheryl Wray said...

Personally, I'm ready for Summer.

(That picture just made me smile!)