BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Does This Sound Even a Little Familiar?

It's a warm day and my, my, just doing a bit of work outside, even in the shade was sweaty work....but I'm not about to complain :P We've waited SO long for this lovely summer weather, so it's wonderful to sit and inhale all the delightful scents coming from blossoms and foliage. Even the heat off the roads gives off a hot tar smell.

I went to the Chiro this morning and then over to Walmart to buy a new mop. I have taken the old mop to the point of new baldness. Since G was to mop the floors, he protested against using such a pitiful mop, so I bought a new one....it pays off to have Hubby do chores once in a while :)

We got home and did the chores. I cleaned the bathrooms thoroughly, even sorting thru lotion bottles and stuff that gets cluttered and are almost empty anyhow. I think I have to use every last tiny bit of product before throwing it away, but seriously...after a few years of having a particular summer shimmer lotion, can I not just toss it with maybe several applications left?? At times I'm SO Dutch!! The other thing I tossed were the bottles of body spray, that I love to use in the summer just fo0r a light scent, but by now some were old and needed to be tossed. So, I feel like my bathroom is tidier with less junk hanging around :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'll leave you with this little chuckle....and I mean chuckle because this has happened countless times to me...LOL!

*Suspicious Delivery*

There was an unexpected knock on my door, and like I always do I first opened the peephole and asked, "Who's there?"

"Parcel post, ma'am. I have a package that needs a signature."

"Where's the package?" I asked suspiciously. The deliveryman held it up.

"Could I see some ID?" I said, still not convinced.

"Lady," he replied wearily, "if I wanted to break into your house, I'd probably just use these." And he pulled out the keys I had left in the door.

1 comments:

Dagmar said...

Hi Faye;
Love your chuckle of the morning...good one..have another great day.
xo
Dagmar