BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Flip-Flops and Lunch

Food is an important part of a balanced diet.
Fran Lebowitz


We drove out to have lunch with my parents today. Thursday has become our usual day to visit with them and we enjoy it. Hubby brings the lawn-trimmer and tidies up the yard and also does whatever small thing that Mom needs a hand with.
Today I brought along a fresh-from-the-garden lettuce salad and added cheese, hard-boiled eggs and some fragrant herbs. Mom served up some leftover Stroganoff, so lunch was delish :)
In case you hadn't noticed....I've changed the look of my Blog to a more summery feel. I love flip-flops!...they're the best invention ever!! I remember wearing them all summer long growing up and still do today....although the ones now seem to be far cushier on the feet. And remember those jelly shoes?? I saw they are out again...go figure!! Oh....and guess what I saw as well, the other day....a gal wearing shoulder pads and had her hair up in a banana-clip...you know what??...somethings should just stay out of fashion when they go out of fashion!!

3 comments:

Rach said...

Oh hell to the no! NOT banana clips and shoulder pads again. I won't give in to it .. nope never! Last fall I saw a lady with stirrup pants on and I thought that was bad. Next thing you know they'll be bringing back the slouch socks. YIKES!

Faye said...

LOL....I saw those lately too....slouch socks??!!...really??!! Come on people....you really want to wear those again??

Deb M in BC :) said...

Oh yeah, totally! Now that my hair is long enough, I'd wear banana clips if I could find them! I love my cohort era, the mid-80s to the mid-90s! Great music too (which our kids love too)! Notice they're remixing and bringing back music from then? Totally awesome!