BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Up in Smoke 3


Finally some good news...one of the three fires burning is 60% contained allowing 6,000 people to return to their homes. With the collective efforts of firefighters, water-bombers and helicopters significant headway is made on the biggest blaze threatening homes.
"We have no reason to believe they were deliberately set. Given the weather conditions and the fire weather indices, the dryness of the fuels, the ease of ignition there's a number of human-related fire causes," says Wayne Schnitzler of West Kelowna Fire Rescue
*******
The weather here remains sunny and quite pleasantly warm. We don't get the temperatures of the Interior of BC, but it's up to 28c, which is good enough for me :)
I have completed my domestic chores and plan to sit outside for a bit to read and enjoy the breezy sunshine and sip my cup of coffee....ahhh, the joys of a summer day :)

Dancing With God



When I meditated on the word Guidance,

I kept seeing 'dance' at the end of the word

And I remember reading that doing God's will is a lot like dancing.

When two people try to lead, nothing feels right.

The movement doesn't flow with the music,

And everything is quite uncomfortable and jerky.

When one person realizes that, and lets the other lead,

Both bodies begin to flow with the music.

One gives gentle cues, perhaps with a nudge to the back

Or by pressing Lightly in one direction or another.

It's as if two become one body, moving beautifully.

The dance takes surrender, willingness,

And attentiveness from one person

And gentle guidance and skill from the other.

My eyes drew back to the word Guidance.

When I saw 'G': I thought of God, followed by 'u' and 'i'.

'God, 'u' and 'i' dance.' God, you, and I dance.

As I lowered my head, I became willing to trust that I would get guidance about my life and once again, I became willing to let God lead.

My prayer for you today is that God's blessings

And mercies are upon you on this day and everyday.

May you abide in God, as God abides in you.

Dance together with God,

Trusting God to lead and to guide you through each season of your life.

This prayer is powerful and there is nothing attached.

If God has done anything for you in your life,

Please share this message with someone else.

There is no cost but a lot of rewards; so let's continue to pray for one another.


And I Hope You Dance !

~ sent by a friend

0 comments: