BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Path that Twists and Turns

Life is like that path. We never know what is around the next corner....sometimes there is a steep hill down into a shadowed valley, sometimes it meaners along a green meadow, sometimes we hear the thunder of a waterfall or rushing river we need to cross and other times just around the corner there is a rainbow, that reminds us that God is always there.
These past several days have taken me and my family down a path that was very difficult to walk along. Last month my Mom had a small stroke, but bounced back fairly quickly, but last Thursday she had another one, but this time the slurred speech and difficulty walking or using her hands have lingered. Mom was still taking care of my Dad, who has Ahlzheimer's, but acknowledged that she was not coping anymore. Consequently Dad had to be admitted into the hospital until a bed is open in the Care Home. I have four Brothers living in the same town as I and one of my three sisters was here to visit our parents. We all pulled together to make sure both parents are receiving the care they need. While making the mundane arrangements for their care, there is also grief and heart ache that is undescribable. The worst part???...we cannot see around the next corner, even though we can hear a storm approaching...but we look up into the sky and also see the rainbow :)

2 comments:

Ms.L said...

I'm sorry Faye:(

hippo chick said...

Oh Faye,

I have tears in my eyes. As we both know, God is there in the midst of the storm, but nonetheless, the storm is coming. You are all in my prayers.

Love and
~Hippo Hugs~